Chronological Gazetteer of the works of E.W. Pugin
By GJ Hyland – 11 March 2010 This article is undergoing continual refinement, and is updated periodically.
APPENDIX III: REALISED EW PUGIN BUILDINGS/WORKS COMMISSIONED BY RELIGIOUS ORDERS
- Augustinians (OSA) • Ss Augustine & John, Dublin; St Monica's church, school & priory, Hoxton, London.
- Benedictines (OSB) • Belmont Abbey Church; St Begh (Bee), Whitehaven; St Gregory, Stratford-upon-Avon; Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, Cleator Moor, Cumbria; Our Lady Star of the Sea & St Michael, Workington; St Mary, Warrington; St Mary's Abbey, Oulton; Stanbrook Abbey; Belmont Priory; extensions to St Augustine's Abbey, Ramsgate; St Mary's, Liverpool; St Augustine's Abbey School, Ramsgate.
- Carmelites (OCD) • Our Lady of Mount Carmel & St Simon Stock, Kensington; Hampton convent chapel, Drumcondra, Co. Dublin.
- Christian Brothers • Convent and St Paul's School, Dublin; Convent and St Joseph's School, Drogheda, Co. Louth.
- Dominicans (OP) • Holy Cross Priory, Tralee, Co. Kerry
- Franciscans (OFM) • Our Lady of Sorrows, Peckham; Most Holy Trinity Friary, Killarney; work at Sclerder chapel, St Francis, Gorton.
- Good Shepherd Nuns • Good Shepherd Convent, Ford, Liverpool.
- Jesuits (SJ) • Sacred Heart, Blackpool.
- Loretto Nuns (IBVM) • Convent chapel, Fermoy, Co. Cork.
- Oblates of Mary Immaculate (OMI) • St Mary Star of the Sea, Leith; Holy Cross, Liverpool; English Martyrs, Tower Hill, London; St Anne, Rock Ferry; Mount St Mary, Leeds; Mission House, Rock Ferry; Priory, Kilburn, London; St Marie's College, Kilburn.
- Presentation Sisters • Convent chapel, Cashel, Co. Tipperary; Fethard Convent, Co. Tipperary; completion of convent, Waterford.
- Redemptorists (CSsR) • Our Lady of the Annunciation church and extension to monastery, Childwall, Liverpool; church at Roxbury, Boston, USA.
- Rosminians (IC) • St Marie, Rugby; Ratcliffe College, chapel and study range, Leicestershire; Our Lady & St Joseph, Kingsland, London.
- Sisters of Charity of St Paul, the Apostle (SCSP) • St Peter's Convent, Marlow St Joseph's Convent, Nechells.
- Sisters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul • St Vincent's Orphanage, Dublin.
- Society of the Holy Child Jesus (SHCJ) • Convent chapel, St Leonards, Hastings; St Michael's Orphanage, Rotherfield, E. Sussex; convent chapel, Mayfield, E. Sussex.
- Sisters of Mercy (RSM) • St Joseph's Convent chapel, Wolverhampton; Clonakilty Convent chapel, Co. Cork; Skibbereen Convent chapel, Co. Cork; St Anne's Convent, Ravenhurst, Birmingham; St Joseph's Convent, Wolverhampton; Our Lady's Convent, Bantry, Co. Cork; Kinsale Orphanage, Co. Cork; St Joseph's School, Handsworth, Birmingham; Ravenhurst School, Birmingham; St John's Convent, Birr, Co. Offaly; St Ethelburga's Convent, Mount Vernon, Liverpool; Nenagh Convent, Co. Tipperary.
- Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of Refuge • Bartestree Convent, near Hereford.
- Society of the Sacred Heart Nuns • Mount Anville Convent chapel, Dundrum.
- Ursulines of Jesus Nuns • St Margaret's School, Edinburgh.
- Xaverian Brothers • Holy Trinity Orphanage, Mayfield, E. Sussex.
ABBREVIATIONS FOR RELIGIOUS ORDERS
Cong. Orat • Congregation of the Oratory (Oratorians)
CSJP • Congregation of St Joseph of Peace (nuns)
CSsR • Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer (Redemptorists)
HFB • Association of the Holy Family of Bordeaux (nuns)
IBVM • Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Loretto Sisters)
OCD • Order of Discalced Carmelites (friars & nuns) (Carmelites)
OCSO • Order of Cistercians of the Strict Observance (Trappists)
OFM • Order of Friars Minor (Franciscans)
OLC • Our Lady of Charity & Refuge (nuns)
OSA • Order of St Augustine (Augustinians)
SHCJ • Society of the Holy Child Jesus (nuns)
CFC • Congregation of Christian Brothers
CP • Congregation of the Passion (Passionists)
DC • Daughters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul
IC • Institute of Charity (Rosminians)
OMI • Oblates of Mary Immaculate
OSB • Order of St Benedict (Benedictines)
PC • Poor Clares (nuns)
RSM • Religious Sisters of Mercy
SCSP • Sisters of Charity of St Paul
SJ • Society of Jesus (Jesuits)